Sunday, September 20, 2009

earthquakes

The broken glass (although you cant really see it) represents diagnosis of Dyslexia.
That word seemed to shatter a lot of dreams.
I have heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason bringing something we must learn. We are lead to those that help us most to grow. If we let them and help them in return, some will leave a handprint on our heart. Well I don’t know I believe that is true. In the case of the friends I have known it feels like they have taken parts of me with them. Like I had left everything inside me back with them.
The clock has been the worst earthquake in my life so far. My father was diagnosed with cancer. Through my tears I saw a new world put into perspective, I found how wonderful any horribly cruel time could be. Not just time left with the man who raised me, but time for me. Life was no longer mine to miss. It was like trying to walk through one of those antique crystal shops, everything so delicate, so breakable and so very beautiful surrounded by priceless glass afraid to move or even breathe to deeply.
I’m not sure what was the right way to react to my dad’s diagnoses; I just know that the right answer continues to evade me. But if I have learned anything; Its that crying does not make you weak and suppressing and hiding your emotions does not make you strong, I learned the value of hope.
I did not escape that crystal shop for a very long time, things got worse before they got any better. I dug a hole at rock bottom, so that I could continue to fall still deeper. But there was still hope. Hope is like air something essential to survival, there is always hope and there was hope for me, if not for hope I would have stayed in that black hole of a life and I would died there. The face represents my resurface to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment